Tuesday 12 June 2018

RETURN TO GRATTAN - Re-admission to Hospital

I am back on Grattan Ward in St. Patricks University Hospital, Dublin.


As the song goes "The doctor came and said it's come back again, I wasn't expecting that."

My mood had been slowly deteriorating since October '17, I had been ignoring the signs, the restlessness, agitation, low mood, lack of motivation and the inability to deal with the daily grind of work.

Following a number of consults with my Consultant Psychiatrist it was determined that I needed to be re-admitted as in her words " I was in poorer condition that when I was previously admitted in 2016."

I was re-admitted on Friday June 1st at 10 am., met with my Consultant and Registrar and they outlined their plans for me re medication.

Medication being changed, some being decreased Duloxetine from 120mg to nil on a phased basis, Quetiapine being cut out and being replaced by Olanzapine, in line with decreasing the Duloxetine I have been put on Lithium 400mg to start with a view to eventually increasing this to 800mg per day, I am also taking Clonazepam .05mg twice a day, so quite the cocktail.




No comments:

Post a Comment